Are you getting in the dating pool again? What do you want or what are you looking for? Maybe you’re trying to find “the one” or you’re just going to casually date several people at once because you want to keep your options open. These days dating multiple persons has become kind of a norm, a lot of women and men are going that road and for some, it seems to work out.
If you’re thinking that dating multiple people is something you want to try, there are some rules and etiquette you need to follow so it doesn’t become messy.
1. Honesty is crucial
It’s not like you have to give a detailed account of your dating history but you need to be honest in telling him what is it you’re looking for. If you’re not on the same page, then you shouldn’t be dating that person. Seek people who are interested in multiple dating, otherwise, your date is not going to be fun.
2. Pay attention to your date
The fact that you’re dating multiple people at once doesn’t mean that when you’re on a date with one of them you won’t be present, what we mean is that you have to show interest in him. So ask him questions and pay attention to his answers, you know, get to know him. Also, share information about you, if you have things in common like both of you like old movies, then make a movie date.
3. Don’t schedule more than one date on the same day
Try to manage your schedule, if not, you’re going to rush through one date to get to the other and that can be stressful. You need to set aside enough time so you can enjoy each date.
4. Assume the other person is also dating multiple people
Particularly if you met them through a dating site. There’s a very good chance that he is seeing other people too because is kind of hard to get to know a person through text messages or emails, you have to meet them in person. So assuming he’s also dating multiple people is a good strategy and it’ help you relax and enjoy your date because you both are on the same page.
5. Don’t swamp them with texts
You don’t have to walk on eggshells or try to be someone you’re not. If you want to contact someone you’re dating on a regular basis (say every day), that’s OK as long as you don’t send text after text on the same day. Send one message and wait for him to reply.
6. If you found “the ONE” then end the other relationships
It’s really important to know when to end multiple dating. If you feel like one of them is the person you want to date exclusively, then you need to talk to the other ones and gently and politely let them know that you have decided to change roads and seek a committed relationship with just one person.
7. Try to keep the amount of people you’re dating manageable
The number will depend on how good at managing dating multiple people you are. Some think that 5 is an acceptable number as long as you can keep them straight, but maybe 3 would be a nice number. It’s really up to you.
How to date multiple people at once
If you have decided that dating multiple people is the path to go right now, then we imagine you want to do it right, so it can really work for you.
Some say that dating multiple people at once is a healthy thing to do and is also beneficial to your love life because “playing the field” could lead you to finding true love. Follow the rules and etiquette we mentioned before so that when questions like, “Do I disclose all the other people I’m seeing? or What do I say to the other persons when things are getting serious with just one of them?” arise, you’ll know what to say and behave.
There are a couple of things you can do so that dating multiple people at once can work for you. Keep reading.
1. Build your dating confidence and be a better dater
That seems about right if you want to get better at dating. Doing something on a regular basis helps you to get better at it. It’ll help build your confidence and you could refine your skills by going on different dates with different people.
Just be careful and don’t over do it, or you’d be at risk of just going through the motions and not connecting with anyone. If that happens and you’re not having fun anymore then maybe you should stop and regroup.
2. Learn what you really want in a partner
Dating multiple people at once can help you narrow down what you’re looking for. Getting to know all different kinds of people opens you to new experiences and that can definitely help you choose the right one, because you’ll know exactly what you like and what you don’t like.
3. Always stay honest… and tell the truth
Dating multiple people at once is not about being deceitful or selfish, you have to treat each person you’re dating with respect and be honest with them. If he asks if you’re seeing other people, you need to tell the truth. But remember that he deserves your full attention when you’re on a date, so give it to him.
The highlights of dating multiple people
There are a couple of highlights from dating multiple people and not just focusing on one person.
1. More options or possibilities
By dating multiple people at once, you get the chance of knowing a whole bunch of possible partners. And that really helps for example If you don’t have an idea of what you want in a partner. Dating different people can help discover what is it you’re looking and also can help you find out what you definitely don’t want.
2. It gives you a chance to expand your horizons
We are wired as humans to seek comfort and familiar things and when it comes to dating, that’s our first impulse, but beware that this can limit your options. If you’re OK with this, by all means, keep at it, as long as it makes you happy, but if you’re looking to experience new things and expand your horizons then dating multiple people will give you a chance to do it.
if you’re not dating exclusively, then dating someone who’s totally different to what you’re accustomed won’t feel like a risk, it will only be another option to explore, and you never know maybe that was what you were waiting for.
3. It can teach you to avoid several pitfalls quickly
Dating multiple people at once can teach you to wise up quickly because you begin to notice the games people play. You start to recognize patterns like when someone is a liar, then you’ll know what persons to avoid.
The challenges of dating multiple people
Dating multiple people also has some challenges that you need to acknowledge so you have the whole picture.
1. You could feel lonely
Dating multiple people at once will not fill the void of loneliness. Usually, when you’re dating several people at once you form shallow connections and to fill that void you need a soul connection which is hard to achieve if you have to divide your time with between 3 or 5 persons.
2. You could lose sight of what you want and what makes you happy
Dating multiple people can be a challenge to your happiness because it could make you lose focus of what you want. Maybe you want a relationship but it just happens that the guy you’re with today says he’s not, you would go and convince yourself that you’re not either, because you have other guys on the plate too. Imagine having 5 different people saying 5 different things, you could start to lose sight of why you’re dating.
Is it wrong to date multiple people?
That is a hard question to answer and the answer will depend on you and on what you want. Some say that dating multiple people is not wrong at all if you know the rules of the game and you stick to them. Some say it’s not wrong but also, it’s not honest.
Dating multiple people is ultimately your choice if you feel like right now, it is the thing you need to do then go ahead, just don’t forget why are you doing it and remember that there are rules and etiquette to follow.
These days it’s considered a norm, but if it’s something you’re not comfortable doing, then don’t sweat it, keep focusing on one person at a time. Dating should be fun and exciting when it stops being that then you need to evaluate and do some changes.
Dating multiple people could be a good way of meeting the one you want to date exclusively. Just have in mind that it’s not the only way if you don’t feel comfortable doing the multiple dating at once, then stick to what you’re doing and have patience.
If you want to date multiple people and make it work for you, you have to be honest because otherwise, things could get ugly. Make sure all of you are in the same boat.
Eight Fruits That Can Boost Your ‘Sex Drive’
This article is very helpful for those who are willing to increase their sexual drive in a relationship.
Most people always find ways to improve their sexual experience hence scientists have linked a variety of foods that can boost sex drive.
Keeping the circulatory system in good working order is essential for healthy sex life. Better circulation can lead to an improved sexual response in men and women.
Foods that can help people improve their sex drive are commonly called ‘aphrodisiacs’, named after Aphrodite, the ancient Greek goddess of love.
Certain foods help in increasing the blood flow throughout the body. Your diet arguably has the biggest effect on how the body will function; here are foods that can boost your sex drive;
Strawberries and raspberries
The seeds of these fruits are loaded with zinc which is essential for sex for both — men and women. It is believed that women with high level of zinc in their bodies find it easier to prepare for sex.
In men, zinc controls the testosterone level which is responsible for producing the sperm. It is important that men load up on zinc as their zinc levels reduces during intercourse.
Did you know that the word “avocado” came from the Aztec word for “testicle”? Folic acid and vitamin B6 are both necessary for a healthy sex drive as contained in avocados.
Folic acid pumps the body with energy, while vitamin B6 stabilises the hormones.
Watermelon improves one’s erection and increases the sex drive.
They also contain ‘citrulline’ which releases amino acids and arginine in the body. Arginine is responsible for vascular health.
The truth is this juicy tropical fruit does so much more than replenishing your body with fluids.
Almonds contain arginine which improves circulation and relaxes blood vessels.
This amino acid found in almonds helps you maintain an erection.
Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, healthy fats that boost dopamine.
It also contains arginine, an amino acid that increases the production of nitric oxide, which relaxes blood vessels and increases circulation.
Oysters have been associated with increased sex drive since the time of ancient Rome. With so much history behind it, the whole oyster-libido linkage probably has some truth to it.
Oysters are high in zinc, which is essential for proper functioning of the male reproductive system
Apart from the obvious shape of the fruit, it’s the potassium in bananas that can help improve your sex drive.
Since potassium helps increase muscle strength and contraction, achieving orgasms can become much easier.
Additionally, bromelain helps produce testosterone. Add a frozen banana to your post-workout smoothie or add banana slices to overnight oats for some natural sweetness.
Medically, this may not have been proven but traditionally, tiger nuts has been used as an alternative medicine for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and related problems.
Its rich content of the Vitamin E also helps in men fertility issues as it aids in the free and active movement of the sperm which will easily swim to fertilize the egg leading to easy conception.
It also contains other vital minerals which will help boost sperm count and also improves its thickness. It also improves sex drives in both men and women.
Culled from TheNation
Six Ways To Make Your Long-Distance Relationship Work Better
For all those in a long-distance relationship, this article will be a most useful tool to help your relationship blossom.
Some people believe that being faithful is difficult especially when two lovers are so far apart. They feel maintaining communication might become increasingly difficult and as the relationship lasts longer, insecurities might arise because one person is not around to see what the other is doing.
But the truth is long distance relationships can work. Although dating is hard and takes a lot of commitment from both parties, there are ways you can keep your long distance relation going.
Below you will find tips on how to strengthen your bond with your partner:
1. Avoid too much communication
Generally, the standards as to what is considered too much communication varies from couple to couple. There are two extremities: the couple that communicates too much and the couple who doesn’t communicate enough. You don’t need to compensate for the distance by strangling each other with possessiveness.
There are couples who can last without speaking for three days and remain married for thirty years and there are some who speak every hour and break up after two months. Sometimes when you are calling for too long, there are some jealous questions your partner might want to ask, maybe because your partner hears the voice of a guy around you or that of a female as the case may be, essentially.
The best thing to do is to just go with the flow and do what is normal for your relationship, avoiding too much communication. Some people even spend the whole time quarreling with their partners on phone about past events than discussing relevant and present issues. Remember too much of everything is bad.
2. Keep your outing with friends on a low
Some partners are the jealous and overprotective types. They won’t want to hear that you’re hanging out with a friend, be it male or female. Some male partners get jealous when you hang out with your female friend or a with male friend except if the female friend is someone they have met before. They might have the feeling that the female friend is teaching you some bad things like cheating, partying, clubbing etc.
Your partner might even get angrier when he gets to know that you are handing out with a male friend. You know your partner more than I do, you know what can upset him, so be wise it is not every place you visit you’ll tell him or her to avoid, jealousy and anger.
3. Do things together.
Doing things together can mean a variety of things. In this technologically- driven society, you may want to consider playing online video games together when you are less busy. You can as well see a movie of YouTube together, then analyse the movie. Also you can read the same e-books, Skype, video call over the distance. Even though you’re living apart from each other, that doesn’t mean you can’t share bonding experiences.
4. Send love messages and gifts on special days.
You should see sending of messages and buying of gifts as very important. It might not be every time but only depends on how buoyant you are and you shouldn’t complain of not having money because you can save up for this. There are some very special days you shouldn’t forget to send a special message and gift to your partner. These days, you can just order from an e-commerce site, and your order will get delivered to your partner.
Nothing is too little. You only need to know those important days in the life of your partners so as to send them good wishes and gifts. However, it’s not only on special days you can send gifts, you can do so even when your partner least expect.
5. Visit each other
Your relationship must be a two- way street. Obviously, you can’t go without seeing each other for the rest of your lives. So visits will be necessary. Besides, you guys will have all that much more fun once you see each other again. Scheduling time to visit your spouse is very important if your relationship must work well. Even in your very busy schedule, you must map out time to visit each other. Visiting each other should also not be one- sided. Visits are not only for the ladies, guys should also find time to pay their partners a visit.
6. Be honest
It can be easy to lie in a long distant relationship because you feel after all. He or she isn’t there to prove you wrong. But no good relationship can be built on lies. Therefore, the best thing you can do for your relationship is to be honest with one another. It is better not to talk at all than to tell lies, because lies will not always save you.
7 Things You’ll Learn When You’re In A Bad Relationship
1. What red flags look like.If you are not familiar with the term “red flags,” let me explain. Red flags are signals that there is something bad ahead. Sometimes they are clear and sometimes they are not. Oftentimes we ignore them. And when we do, disasters happen. What might a red flag look like? Some are subtle. Perhaps he talks about his ex a lot, or he has a bad relationship with his mother. Perhaps he hasn’t been able to hold down a job. Perhaps he refuses to talk about anything difficult. Some are more obvious. Perhaps he states that he doesn’t want a serious relationship. Perhaps he tells you that that male friend of yours has to go. The thing about red flags is that often we see them and ignore them or justify them away. Hopefully bad relationships will help you to recognize that those red flags can be accurate and that, if you had only paid attention to them in the beginning, you could have spared yourself a whole lot of pain.
2. What not to do.One lesson you can learn from bad relationships is what NOT to do next time. Many of us have behaviors that we repeat in every relationship, and many of us are in serial bad relationships because of it. Many people tend to personalize things that happen in a relationship. If our significant other comes home late, it’s because they don’t love us. If they don’t put away their dirty laundry, they don’t respect us. If they forget our birthday, it’s because we just aren’t important to them. And while in some cases these things might be true, more often than not things that people do have nothing to do with the other person — they have to do with misjudgment and neglect. So, don’t take things personally — it’s not all about you. Another thing that people tend to do in bad relationships is being passive aggressive and antagonizing. Instead of confronting an issue head on, many of us make snide comments on the side, hoping our person will hear our dissatisfaction and act on it. Furthermore, we continue to harp on an issue to the point that our partner no longer cares about what our concerns are. These are just two behaviors that derail many relationships. There are others. Take a good hard look at what your role is in this relationship — bad relationships rarely happen because of one person’s behavior. Figure out what yours are and make note.
3. That enabling is not supporting.Have you ever been in a relationship that was struggling and you tried to save it by being supportive? Many of us believe that if we can just support our person, the relationship will hold. If we are patient while our partners work late hours or hold their hands when they feel insecure AGAIN about something that happened at the gym or look the other way when they have that third vodka after dinner, we believe that they will notice us and stay in love with us. That maybe their troubling behaviors will change. Unfortunately, this “supporting” is really more “enabling,” and enabling is not good in any relationship. If you continue to look the other way when your partner gets drunk or ignores you because of work or yells at you because of their own insecurities, you are telling your partner that their behaviors are okay. And if your partners think their behaviors are okay, they will never change. If your partner has behaviors that make you unhappy, stop supporting them. Either speak up about them or walk.
4. What traits you do want in a partner.One of the clearest lessons to learn in bad relationships is what it really is that you want in a partner. Even as we hold on to bad partners, we do start to see very clearly their shortcomings and we can therefore get a sense of what we ideally would want if we were in charge of the world. I had a guy who I loved but who was desperately insecure, who wanted to please everyone, who had a quick temper, who lived with a ton of fear and who was in and out of jobs. I loved him but I was suffering. When I finally broke free of that relationship I set out looking for a guy who knew who he was, who was patient and kind and steady. I was very clear about that and did ultimately find what I was seeking. So, what do you want in a partner? Make a list. Write it down. Refer to it often.
5. That letting go is not giving up.I can’t tell you how many of my clients who are struggling with letting go of love in bad relationships tell me that they aren’t walking away because they don’t want to give up. That they aren’t quitters. And I always tell them the same thing – that there are two people in a relationship and that as long as you are the only one making the effort, or that the efforts you both are making aren’t working, then it’s not a matter of giving up. You can only control your own efforts – only you can finish that marathon – but you can’t control someone else. It’s not giving up if your partner isn’t giving their all as well. So, if you are struggling with “giving up,” don’t! Know that you can let go of a love that isn’t serving you and move on with your head held high, knowing that you did your best.
6. How strong you are.For those of us who have survived bad relationships (which, pretty much, we all do in the end), we know how strong we are. By having the fortitude to let go of a love that wasn’t serving you, you are reclaiming your own power, a power that you might have lost in the struggle that was your bad relationship. Talk to someone who has escaped from a bad situation and you will see someone who might be sad, perhaps really sad, but someone who feels powerful having been able to do it. Letting go of bad relationships is incredibly difficult — do it and you will feel stronger than you ever have before.
7. That being alone is better than being unhappy.One thing that can become very clear when you are in a bad relationship is how much better it might be to be alone than to be with someone who makes you miserable. There is nothing worse than the day in, day out suffering of being in a bad relationship. You wake up to it; it lives with you throughout the day and is there when you go to bed at night. Sure, when you are alone, you might spend time on your couch binge watching Game of Thrones, but your time is your own. You can do what you want. And while you might feel miserable that you are alone, I can promise you that it’s not as miserable as you might feel if you spend your days struggling with bad relationships.
Learning lessons from bad relationships is a key part of finding love and happiness.The goal is to not repeat history — not at work, not with parenting, not with behaviors and not with relationships. The goal is to learn from our mistakes and move forward to find success in the future. So take a good look at bad relationships that you have had in your life and take inventory of what lessons you have learned so that you can do things differently in the future. You can do it! True love is out there waiting for you!I believe that if a woman is living the life of her dreams it will affect everyone in her life. Her relationships … Read more articles from Mitzi on Thought Catalog.
MIXTAPE3 years ago
HOT MIXTAPE!!! NotJustNG Ft. DJ Young Q – Best Of Burna Boy & Nasty C (2018 Edition)
MUSIC4 years ago
CDQ – Werey Yo
MUSIC4 years ago
Faze – Business Man Ft. Harrysong
Albums4 years ago
DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Migos – Culture II (Zip File)
MUSIC2 years ago
DJ Big N x Rema – OgoloGoma
Lifestyles4 years ago
Arguments In Relationship: How To Handle (And Avoid) Them
Entertainment3 years ago
10 Most Popular Artistes In Nigeria (Photos)
VIDEOS3 years ago
MIXTAPE: ZagaEmpire X WF DJ Harji – ZagaEmpire Monthly Mixtape (July Edition)