Connect with us

Gist

Pete Edochie’s 70-year-old brother, others arrested over killings in Anambra land dispute

Published

on

Pete Edochie

 

Five persons have been reported killed in a land dispute at Nteje, Oyi local government area of Anambra State.

The traditional ruler of the community, Igwe Rowland Odegbo, disclosed this to newsmen in Awka, the state capital on Monday.

Pete Edochie
He said 18 persons had been arrested from the community over the dispute, including a 70-year-old brother of a Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie.

According to PUNCH, Odegbo said he escaped being arrested following Governor Willie Obiano’s intervention.

He decried incessant harassment of his people by the police from outside the state, stating that his community was under police siege.

He said some of the people killed were the morgue, while most youths in the area had fled the town and hidden in forests for fear of being arrested and taken to Abuja by the powers that be.

He gave the list of the persons arrested and being detained in Abuja SARS as Chief Ikechukwu Edochie, Chief Cyril Nwankwo, Mr. Vincent Okongu, Pastor Vin Nnaemeka, Modilim Nwene, Anthony Ewenike, Dominic Oboh, Sunday Mobi, Paul Aghadinuno, the landMonday Nwafor and Nwoye Amamchukwu.

Others were Obelagu Mobi, Koife Chukwuemeka, Ogwugwua Nweke, Fidelis Cordi, Ibe Kenneth, Chijioke Anyanti and Uchenna Oraegbunam.

The monarch said the land dispute was engineered by land speculators who constituted themselves into a cabal and illegally sold communal land for many years.

He said they were not making any returns to the villagers, hence trouble began which led to the death of three persons on 11th of March this year when two factions involved in the sale of the land clashed.

He said when some soldiers intervened in the matter to quell the riot, one of the groups attacked the soldiers, leading to the death of one other person whose body was still in the mortuary.

Calling on Governor Obiano to set up a panel of enquiry to look into the matter, Igwe Odegbo said: “The major problem we have is that one policeman, who was at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Awkuzu and now an assistant commissioner of police in charge of SARS in Abuja, is being used to come into Nteje and arrest people and take them to Abuja without recourse to the Anambra State police command”.

His statement said “There was even a petition that I, the traditional ruler, should be brought to Abuja and they would have carried me if the Anambra State governor had not intervened.

“I was addressing a village meeting when the policemen came and said that I was needed in Abuja. However, following the intervention of the governor, they asked me to come at my own time, but I knew that was a face-saving measure on their part.

“When one person was killed recently, the same Abuja SARS came to Nteje and arrested many people who are yet to be released.

“I don’t know why Abuja SARS should be bypassing Anambra State police command to come and carry people to Abuja. What borders me is that when three people were killed in March, there was a petition to the police, while another group wrote another petition and included me.

“What has been happening here is that petitions have been flying and arrests made indiscriminately. I really don’t understand why our people should be intimidated by a group and trying to rope in the traditional ruler because someone was opposed to my being crowned the Igwe of Nteje.

“Our community needs help because we are under police siege from Abuja. Those arrested were carried in two buses and taken to Abuja on thumped up charges and I would have been among them if I am not the traditional ruler.”

Stay Connected Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Join Us On WhatsApp

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Gist

Billionaire, Femi Otedola to donate N1 Billion to help Nigeria fight Coronavirus

Published

on

Femi Otedola donates N1 Billion to help Nigeria fight Coronavirus ...

Billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola has revealed that he will donate the sum of One billion Naira to help Nigeria tackle the coronavirus outbreak.

Femi Otedola donates N1 Billion to help Nigeria fight Coronavirus ...

As of this moment, the total number of confirmed cases in the country is 65 with the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed revealing that there could be even more cases, as practitioners are using ‘contact tracing’ to find over 4,000 more potential cases.

So far, Nigeria has been doing all it can to contain the virus but only 1 life has been claimed from the virus in the country

In more developments to curb the spread of the virus, state governments shut down activities and encouraged residents to self-isolate.

In the meanwhile, affluent Nigerians and other top firms have been donating to fund the fight against the virus. Popular Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola just recently announced his intention on social media.

The Billionaire generously followed in the footsteps of fellow billionaire, Tony Elumelu as the country unites to battle the global pandemic.

Otedola wrote on social media ;

“I will be donating 1 billion naira towards the eradication of COVID-19 across Nigeria.”

“We must all do what we can to flatten the curve.”

Stay Connected Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Join Us On WhatsApp

Continue Reading

Gist

Don’t Marry A Man Who Has No Job – Pastor Adeboye Advises Women

Published

on

Image result for Don’t Marry A Man Who Has No Job – Pastor Adeboye Advises Women
Image result for Don’t Marry A Man Who Has No Job – Pastor Adeboye Advises Women

General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Pastor Adejare Adeboye has advised ladies not to marry a jobless man.

The cleric made this known on Wednesday on his verified Twitter handle.

Recall Adeboye sparked a major debate online when he took to his Twitter page advising single men not to marry women who can not cook.

His tweet has caused tongues wagging, with some slamming him for such a statement.

See his post below and share your thoughts.


Stay Connected Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Join Us On WhatsApp

Continue Reading

Gist

Things you don’t know about KINGP

Published

on

KingP - Things you don't know about Him
KingP - Things you don't know about Him

The musical journey of KINGP

Promise Ilebor otherwise known as KINGP got into music as a record label executive in 2012. He didn’t release any music until 2014 when he featured Gongo Aso crooner and LKT in his Agbero single with his then group called D Confirm.

He didn’t release a single as KINGP the solo artist until 2019 when he released a monster hit, BANGA featuring rapper, Zlatan. The single did really well and quickly shot him into prominence in the music industry. That was his first official single as KINGP, after leaving D Confirm.

Early life

KINGP was born on January 18th in Lagos State, Nigeria and grew up there. At some point, he moved to Ibadan where he had his junior high school education. From there, he moved to the Texas United States of America.

Education and qualifications

When he moved to Texas, he had his Senior High school and got a scholarship from the University of Oregon where he doubled major in Psychology and Computer Science. He finished with his university education and got his Bachelor’s in both major. He also has two associate degrees in General Studies and Associate of Science at Lane Community College in Oregon USA.

Music career and interests

He’s a successful label executive and a successful real estate investor.

Genre of music

KINGP does pretty much all kinds of music because he doesn’t want to be boxed into a particular genre of music. His passion for music keeps growing that he always wants to get out of his comfort zone to make timeless and relatable music because to him, that is what makes an artiste.

Follow KingP on Twitter / Instagram: @Kingpbrg

Listen to “Banga” by King P ft  Zlatan Banga

Stay Connected Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
Join Us On WhatsApp

Continue Reading

Trending